Various activities in Lech
Tobogganing, ice-skating, a horse-drawn carriage ride & much more
Unique winter experiences are created in the winter wonderland of Lech-Zürs with a horse-drawn carriage ride, at the natural ice skating rink, on toboggan runs and yes, even in the air - paragliding. Winter holidays in Lech are all about authentic moments. And there are countless of them. Discover the diversity of winter holidays on the Arlberg.
Downhill on sledges
You're never too old for sledging. From toddlers to grandfathers, everyone can take part in this most primal of snow pleasures - or who doesn't associate their first memories and contact with snow with a toboggan? On the hill in front of Plattenhof, you can pull the sledge up with your little ones and whizz down. It could hardly be more practical.
Oberlech is known as the sun terrace of the Arlberg. The car-free village can only be reached by ski or via the cable car. The view of our local mountain, the Omeshorn, as well as the surrounding panorama invite you to go winter hiking. For example, walk to the Tannegg viewing platform and enjoy the grandiose mountain panorama!
Take the cable car to glide up to Oberlech, where you enjoy grandiose panoramic views with beautiful weather. Then get back to Lech with a togoggan or bobsleds. The Toboggan run in Oberlech snakes through woods and past soft snowy hills - fun for the whole family!
- cable car Oberlech: it takes you the start of the run
- operating hours: from 9am to 10pm
- Rental shops in town or the cable car stations to get the right gear
The spectacular route of the toboggan run in Oberlech promises a unique adventure for the whole family. Especially when the 1.2 km long and illuminated downhill run is ridden after dark.
With the free skibus you get to Zürs. A lovely way to get to know our neighbor hamlet. The Zürser toboggan hill is ideal for families with smaller children.
- difficulty: easy
- distance: 0,1 km
- downhill: 37 m
- duration: 00:05 h
- lowest point: 1.720 m
- highest point: 1.758 m
On the natural ice skating rink in Zürs, you skate your laps to lively music and eventually arrive at the punch stand with red cheeks. A fun winter activity for the family.
Romantic candle-light skating!
- opening hours: daily from 3pm
- closed: Saturday
- upon request special opening hours
- Contact: +43 (0)680 231 4845
Indoor skating rink in Lech
There is an indoor ice skating rink in Lech which does not bother with inclement weather. At Jagdhaus Monzabon – the only hotel-owned indoor ice skating rink in Europe – you can glide over the ice in a lovely ambience and try out your pirouettes, or meet for some curling.
Horse-drawn sleigh ride
On a horse-drawn sleigh ride through the silent "big white", you truly forget about time. A warm blanket, perhaps a fine tea in the thermos flask and the willingness to enjoy a decelerating nature experience - that's all it takes.
The Lech river gurgles merrily away in the immediate vicinity while you enjoy the enchanting panorama from your "box seat". The pleasure is also a highlight at night, when the illuminated houses sparkle in the landscape and the stars in the clear sky are your constant companions.
Available in Lech:
- sleigh ride with Josef and Anna from Haus Angelika
- Kaufmann family
Take off and experience the freedom immediately after start, without restrictions and engine noise, floating freely, only connected to the wing by a few lines, feel the movements and forces of the atmosphere in the midst of our beautiful landscape.
For a short time forget everyday life to be completely with yourself. An experience that can only be felt when flying. For us, this is the special attraction of flying a paraglider. Join us and experience it for yourself.
Tandem-flights are generally possibile throughout the season, depending on weather conditions.
- You are in best hands - or sails - if you contact our professionals at Flight Connection Arlberg.
For those interested in culture and history, a trip to the museums in the region is worthwhile. Attractively prepared and excitingly staged, the traditional history of the Arlberg becomes tangible. Once again, a rewarding joint activity for young and old.
- With the Skyspace Lech, the internationally acclaimed artist James Turrell has designed an amazing work of art. In the light space, you experience the interweaving of heaven and earth in the high alpine landscape in a completely new way - at sunrise and sunset.
- Lechmuseum with colorful and diversified exhibitions
- The traditional Walser house Huber-Hus, as the structural heart of the Lech Museum, shows historical rural living and working.
- „allmeinde commongrounds“: Cultural space and transdisciplinary think tank in Lech
- Kästle-Mountain-Museum: the history of Arlberg in connection with this legendary brand
Exercise makes you hungry
During such active days in the winter air, the food tastes twice as good.
It starts with breakfast, where you get your strength for the day, and ends with our 6-courses-gourmet dinner, which presents Austria's culinary traditions at their best.